Observation Forms and Tools
Included here are a series of files and tools for submitting animal, plant, and ecological observations. There are also various help documents included below.
- Plant Observation Reporting Form (Excel spreadsheet with 4 tabs)
- Field Observation Form for Species of Concern (PDF File)
- Enter Your Animal Observations with the Natural Heritage MapViewer
- Simple Web-based Animal Observation Form
- Nonbird Animal Observation Excel Spreadsheet Form
- Field Observation Form for Species of Concern
- Bird Sighting Excel Spreadsheet Form
- Rare Bird Form and Help at Montana Audubon
- Bat Observation Form (MS Word Document)
- Terrestrial Mollusk Site Survey Form
- Frequently Asked Questions About Ecology Data and Data Submission (PDF File)
- Site Record Data Form (PDF File or MS Word File)
- Community Element Occurrence Data Form (PDF File or MS Word File)
Photograph and Illustration Submissions
If you are interested in contributing photographs or illustrations to the Montana Natural Heritage Program, we encourage you to contact an MTNHP science staff member in the appropriate discipline to arrange the submission. You will be asked to read and sign our Authorization for Use of Visual Materials form below.
Or try our NEW on-line submission page.