|Metadata||Download||View||Map Services||More Info|
|SOC Species Occurrences||
|Animal Structured Surveys||-||Request||MapViewer||-||-|
|Range Maps -- Animals||-||Request||
|Predicted Suitable Habitat||-||Predicted Models||-||-|
|Wetlands and Riparian Mapping||MapViewer|
|Land Management Information|
|Private Conservation Lands||MapViewer||-|
|Plum Creek Lands||MapViewer||-|
|Montana Geographic Information|
|Montana Geographic Information||-||-|
Wetlands and riparian areas are one of the 15 themes in the Montana Spatial Data Infrastructure (MSDI), and our goal is to create a statewide digital wetland and riparian layer as a resource for management, planning, and restoration efforts.
Additionally, wetland mapping can be enhanced by incorporating descriptors to characterize hydrogeomorphic features to identify potential wetland function. These descriptors are added to each wetland polygon to describe the landscape position, landform, water flow path, and waterbody type (LLWW).
Digital wetland mapping is necessary to effectively and efficiently assess Montana’s wetlands by identifying the type, size, and location of wetland resources.
Wetland and Riparian Mapping Center
- Wetland & Riparian Map Training Webinar
- Wetland & Riparian Mapping Cheat Sheet
- Wetland & Riparian Mapping Fact Sheet
- National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI) Wetlands Layer
- Montana Wetland Information Clearinghouse
- USFWS National Wetlands Inventory (NWI)
- USFWS NWI Riparian Mapping
- Montana Geographic Information
- US EPA Wetlands Info